Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
-Parkway Parade, Wheelock Place

This is like my childhood breakfast place. I can clearly remember the times when daddy and me have our breakfast at the funan branch every weekend without fail. I grew up drinking 'Sunrise' with loads of whipped cream and eating their banana walnut muffin. Unfortunately for me, i can no longer reminisce the old times cause the Funan branch had sadly closed down and they do not serve banana walnut muffin anymore!

Was at parkway parade the other day and decided to have my lunch here. The breakfast sets are available all they and they also have a proper lunch menu for more selections.

Food for Thought ($6, with an English Breakfast Tea)

As it was a late lunch, i opted for something lighter. 4 squares of lightly toasted bread, 2 semi-cooked eggs and a side of cranberry salad. The toast tasted average but was not toasted well enough. I liked the eggs, simple and cooked just right for me. The cranberry salad even had almond flakes in it.

On a separate occasion, i tried a cheesecake from the wheelock place outdoor outlet.

Raspberry Christmas Cheesecake ($5)

Its been long since i had their cheesecakes, but in my impression it was supposed to be of good standards. I suppose this was a seasonal item, only available for the christmas period. I felt it was not exactly well-done in the texture, over-soft and not firm enough. The taste was okay but slightly too sweet, plus the raspberries were super sour. My high expectations for it made it rather disappointing.

Overall: I guess i would have their Chicago cheesecake instead on my next visit. Would definitely return for more of their hearty and nutritional breakfast sets (: The pricing here is considered reasonable for a coffee house and i strongly recommend the Sunrise Iceblended!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home